Re: Firefox trickiness

On 10/17/05, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
> Joe,
> I hadn't realized I was sending messages just to you; sorry about
> that.  I've quoted everything else below for the sake of the list.
>
> On 10/17/05, Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 22:22 -0400, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> > > I'm using Firefox 1.5 beta 2.
> > >
> > > Any more suggestions as to how to remove this checking from best?  I
> > > don't even use Firefox, which makes all of this oh so fun. :)
> >
> > Strictly speaking, you don't need Firefox.  Any Mozilla app will do
> > (Mozilla suite, FF, Thunderbird).
> >
> > Run Best with the MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug MONO_LOG_MASK=dll environment
> > variables and look for errors surrounding libgeckoglue.so.  Beagle
> > hasn't been tested against Firefox 1.5, so I wouldn't be surprised if it
> > doesn't work yet.

Did you happen to see this post I made this morning
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dashboard-hackers/2005-October/msg00079.html?
 I don't know if this is your problem, but it builds gecko-utils.cpp.
I haven't tested to see if it actually gathers data from mozilla.  If
that is you're problem getting libgeckoglue.so to work, please try the
solution from that post.

--
Dan