Re: Firefox trickiness

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 13:23 -0400, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> I just had a general question: is it possible to prevent errors like
> this happening?  It doesn't seem ideal to require Mozilla/FF to use
> best, or to be restricted to using a certain version or hand-editing
> /usr/bin/best (and maybe those are just temporary solutions) and it
> would be nice if best didn't care which version you had or could
> figure it out on your own.

The new Beagle UI won't depend on gecko, so we'll be able to drop the
dependency.

> At the very least, could an environment
> variable be set that would be used in best?  It'd still have to be
> edited by the user, but that's no worse than right now, and it
> wouldn't be in a file that would be overwritten on a reinstall of
> best, for example.

It's hard to say, because I don't know exactly what your error is.
Obviously the best choice is to just use packages if they're available,
but other than that Beagle doesn't do anything special with regards to
libraries... you're likely to see similar errors with other software you
built.