Re: Other (plain text) file types can be indexd by Beagle?

Alan Trick wrote:
Is there a reason why it doesn't (look at the file)?

Yes, for the simple reason that beagle asks gnomevfs to tell us what kind of file we're dealing with, and we don't care how it does it.

That may make some
sense in a windows environment, but I have a lot of files on the linux
half of my computer that don't have extentions on them.

You could play with "gnomevfs-info" and examine its behaviour for extensionless files, files with the wrong extension, etc. I think it figures it out intelligently, which may involve looking at the file contents.

Daniel