Re: Other (plain text) file types can be indexd by Beagle?

David Aveiro wrote:
The main subject of my initial message is that it would be useful to
specify in a Beagle configuration file or something, a parameter that
could be a list of file extensions to be considered as plain text and
indexed by Beagle.

This because I assume lots of people and lots of applications save
information in plain text files which are not indexed by beagle,
although it would be very useful if they were.

Beagle indexes files of mimetype text/plain so the common case is covered, regardless of filename scheme. XML is different to plain text though, and there is no generic XML filter. Presumably the map files have an xml mimetype.

To answer your question, there currently isn't anywhere you can list extra mimetypes/extensions to be picked up by the FilterText filter, other than in the FilterText constructor itself.

Daniel