Re: Roadmap for the future.

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 18:33, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> There has been some though into how we can watch what has focus.
> But we can probably only see what program (or rather window) has
> focus.

Yeah, and that's not good enough.

[D-Bus]
> I still think we should support 5903 so frontends can be on other
> machines on the LAN.  ie, I'd run Dashboard on my notebook, but display
> the windows on my desktop (bigger screen) and run xchat on my desktop.
> I'd like to have xchat feeding into Dashboard when it's running.

One thing I should have mentioned in my last email is that we currently
have Dashboard.TcpServer which subclasses Dashboard.Server.

There's no reason we couldn't have Dashboard.DbusServer as well.  And
also Dashboard.XRootWinPropServer, Dashboard.UnixSocketServer,
Dashboard.BlueToothServer, etc.

But this just isn't a priority for me personally and I sure wouldn't
accept a patch that *replaces* the existing TCP server.

Nat