Re: Let's use XHTML and XmlTextWriter

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 21:34 -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
> As for Mozilla vs. GtkHTML, I'd happily move to Mozilla if someone
> provided the patches.
>
> One of the things we should figure out is whether or not drag-n-drop can
> be made to work with GtkMozEmbed as the embedded widget.  I.e., you need
> to be able to drag matches off of dashboard into things like the file
> manager, the IM client, and so on.

I'm going to have a go at doing this.  I've got gtkmozembed-sharp
compiled up from CVS and it seems to be working OK.  It won't be trivial
and might prove a dead end.  Some things that make me think it's worth
putting in some time on it though include

 * using CSS could really help us with consistency in font sizes,
   colors, etc.  Makers of renderers could pick from a palette of
   standard UI elements, while still having a lot of design flexibility.

 * we could use JavaScript and CSS combinations to do neat behaviors,
   e.g. click on an expander widget to see more detail etc.

The Epiphany and Galeon guys must have solved the mozembed drag & drop
problem at some point, so I'll bug them to see what can be done.

-- Edd