Re: Let's use XHTML and XmlTextWriter

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 20:51, Edd Dumbill wrote:

> I'm glad to see it, but it's not entirely perfect.  It won't do good
> things if there's a "&" character in the subject, for instance.  Also I
> reckon that it's the responsibility of the engine to do the two line
> breaks after, not the renderer itself.

Other than auto-escaping, how exactly does this make our life easier?

One of the advantages we appear to lose if we move to XHTML -- and
particularly to using XmlTextWriter -- is that right now people who are
beginning programmers but have some HTML and design skill can easily
write and tweak renderers.

Enlighten me. :-)

Nat