Re: Let's use XHTML and XmlTextWriter
- From: Nat Friedman <nat nat org>
- To: Edd Dumbill <edd usefulinc com>
- Cc: "dashboard-hackers gnome org" <dashboard-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Let's use XHTML and XmlTextWriter
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:34:56 -0500
So, what I'm getting is:
1) We won't get cross-renderer bugs like accidentally
italicizing the entire dashboard.
2) We get escaping for free.
3) Modern web developers expect to be able to use XHTML and CSS.
As for Mozilla vs. GtkHTML, I'd happily move to Mozilla if someone
provided the patches.
One of the things we should figure out is whether or not drag-n-drop can
be made to work with GtkMozEmbed as the embedded widget. I.e., you need
to be able to drag matches off of dashboard into things like the file
manager, the IM client, and so on.
] [Thread Prev