Re: DISCUSS: Beagle Status-Quo

Hi

I just had to add a few things to this.

In opensource software development a lot of times people aim very very
high. Of course we want the coolest desktop search tool available on any
platform. However, google desktop, MSN desktop search, tiger-os,
copernic and X1 are all here now or VERY soon.  The quality might not
always be the best but it sure is better than before (when none of them
existed).

Therefore I think it's very important to get a release version of beagle
out ASAP.  Just delay most of the cool features and get it out so that
the next generation of distributions can include it.

I really really like gnome's date-based release schedule (it's one of
the things that makes me use ubuntu :) ) and would love to see beagle
follow the same path soon.

Regards,
Erik