Re: QueryContext 'id' in CluePackets?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 02:37:29PM -0400, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Basically this means that if the bugzilla backend (only interested in
> "bugzilla" clue_types) has already processed a bugzilla clue containing
> "#93898" as a value, it will never be asked to process it again (unless
> another bugzilla clue is added, or the "#93898" is overwritten with
> another value) during the rest of the chaining process.  Meaning it
> won't go fetch the webpage again, or generate new matches for the
> match-cache to discard.

Light dawns.

I see, and agree. Thanks.

> > What I was referring to was the common model of having a relatively
> > simpler data feeder and consumers that took all data packets and rejected
> > immediately those that it didn't want (at the time) to handle.
>
> Ya, so that makes it a different model to the one used heavily by
> dashboard.

Err, no, exactly the same model as dashboard at the moment. I suppose
it's how and on what level you look at it. But that's not important anyway
any more.

> Also, on thinking about it more, the incremented id in a QueryContext
> idea will not work... if you increment every time there is a change,

I wasn't suggesting incrementing every change; just every new QueryContext.

dj
http://www.pipetree.com/qmacro