Re: Conduit and Tracker

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Debarshi Ray <debarshi ray gmail com> wrote:
>> The tracker backend probably won't work any more, the upstream dbus
>> api signatures have changed and there were some bugs in SPARQL
>
> Yes, 0.7.x is quite different from the 0.6.x series.

IIRC John was targeting the 0.7 series, hence the SPARQL business. Is
this correct?

> So is this a
> priority for you, the Conduit developers? I am just trying to get an
> idea of how much work it would be for me to integrate with Conduit.

I'm still not clear on what you want exactly. If you do the querying
of tracker yourself, and pass conduit a list of URIs to upload then it
will already work. If you want to pass the list of URIs to Conduit and
then expect Conduit to use Tracker to query the tags then this will be
a little work. If you want to instead pass a SQL query to Conduit
describing the photos you want to upload then that is more work. The
same questions apply to a two-way sync (i.e downloading from
Flickr/Facebook)

Could you please expand on your use-case a little? Do these scenarios
come close to what you envision?

John