Re: Git branches etc.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Alexandre <airmind gmail com> wrote:
It probably crashes because the config_name is set to tags, but there is no attribute with that name. Unfortunately, the changes from set/get_configuration to update_configuration had to change the configuration name from tags to enabledTags. The F-Spot dataprovider was using tags as the configuration name but enabledTags as the attribute name, and that is not what the new system was expecting. I noticed it when converting this dataprovider and made provisions it could get past that, but I didnt actually implemented it in the F-Spot dataprovider.
You could probably use this instead, in __init__:
        self.update_configuration(
            tags = ([], self.set_tags, self.get_tags),
        )
That should have been there from the beginning.

Btw, I have changed the syntax lately and it'll probably render most of that code outdated. I'll explain later.

OK Cool. Remember however, at some point the code is 'good enough'.

I don't want to spend too much time converting all the dataproviders to the new system if there is going to be substantial changes occuring in future. In my experiences with the new config stuff, apart from being really hard to debug (no error messages), it seems to work pretty nice.

John