Re: Git branches etc.

It probably crashes because the config_name is set to tags, but there is no attribute with that name. Unfortunately, the changes from set/get_configuration to update_configuration had to change the configuration name from tags to enabledTags. The F-Spot dataprovider was using tags as the configuration name but enabledTags as the attribute name, and that is not what the new system was expecting. I noticed it when converting this dataprovider and made provisions it could get past that, but I didnt actually implemented it in the F-Spot dataprovider.
You could probably use this instead, in __init__:
        self.update_configuration(
            tags = ([], self.set_tags, self.get_tags),
        )
That should have been there from the beginning.

Btw, I have changed the syntax lately and it'll probably render most of that code outdated. I'll explain later.