Re: [Opensync-devel] Ubuntu UDS-Boston, Syncing solutions

> > Who else from Ubuntu, Canonical or others is there who is interested in
> > this and will (along with you, I assume) invest time to
> > implement/integrate this?  Is Matthew Garrett still working on
> > bluetooth<->HAL integration, and will this be integrated with your
> > efforts?

This is the blueprint I'm pushing:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/syncintegration

I'm one of those dogs making wiki pages for sync:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PimSyncPlan

I think I see some great things here, John you've been thinking about
these problems a great deal I can tell and I'm honestly very impressed
by your solutions and compromises.

There are a few things we need to do, all hardware support should run
via HAL, that will require methods to get unique id's and information
from fdi files for callbacks and other information; it's important to
get opensync using HAL as much as it is to get Conduit using the same
information services. in this way both systems can utilise the same
hardware syncing plugins (eventually)

Amoungst other things that has been put in this thread, I'm going to
talk about tying conduit into a light python based service/gui which
sits on the users tray and notifies them when hardware is plugged in
that is a new phone/pda or and existing one that you've synced before;
making it easy to initiate any of the syncs without loading conduit
gui and using the large gui for the configuration aspects. I think
John and I have already talked about this easy to use top layer.

I'll be talking with various people about it and will post times as
soon as I know.

Best Regards, Martin Owens