Re: Camera settings dialog

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 09:25 +0200, Filippo Argiolas wrote:
>>
>> If something like that would happen I think we could safely drop all
>> the current settings in the preference dialog, rely on the external
>> configuration utility and point our users there.
>
> The configuration in the preferences is for the output sink, not the
> source.

Slightly correct. To be fair, current implementation sucks a bit, it's
just a videobalance element that, afaik, adjusts hue, contrast and
brightness via software.
It would be better to scan the whole pipeline looking for elements
(either a source like v4l2src or a sink like xvimagesink) supporting
hardware balance controls and fallback to videobalance on fail.

If done this proper way, the controls in the preference dialog could
stay, to provide basic balance controls even where the device doesn't
expose them, but I still think everything else should go in a v4l2
standalone tweaking app like gtk-v4l or the proposed one.