Error message when running cheese

The message is: "libv4lconvert: Error decompressing JPEG: unknown huffman code:".
Then follows a number (is that what it is?) like "0000ffff".

The message repeats for as long as cheese is running.

Is there something I can do to overcome the error? (I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and the
supplied version of cheese.)

Thank you.

Leslie Katz
To see papers written by me on, among other things, literary allusions in
Australian reasons for judgment, start here:
http://ssrn.com/author=1164057

To see photos taken by me of, among other things, Sydney now (as well as
comparative photos taken by others of Sydney then), start here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23623601 N03/sets/72157604225021655/