RE: Camera settings dialog

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 22:26 -0700, John Selbie wrote:
> I can share the code, but some things to know.
>
> 1. My video capture library that handles the enumeration of controls
> on the camera is written in C++ that doesn't follow the coding
> standards of GNOME.  I don't mind porting the needed portions.  Will
> Cheese 3.0 be all Vala code or will it have C code as well?
>
> 2. Is Cheese intended to run on platforms other than Linux?  The
> camera control code makes v4l2 ioctl calls which are not portable.
>

> My next steps:
> 1. Get your branch to compile locally
> 2. Port the code to from C++ to C
> 3. Share

Seeing as we don't have access to the code, I'll comment on the UI:
- The checkboxes don't seem to desensitise the related sliders
- The sliders don't line up, check GtkSizeGroup
- A lot of those configuration options should never ever get near a user
(Power Line Frequency!?!)
- We already have a way to change some of the output settings in the
preferences, we should have the output settings there as well
(especially for the case where there are duplicates)

Cheers