Re: Preferences dialog and videobalance branch

Filippo Argiolas schrieb:
> Hey all,
> As you might have noticed if you're watching cheese product on
> commit-list I'm trying to add support for more advanced preferences
> like Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and Hue controls that have been
> requested several times on bugzilla and might be really useful if you
> have a poor man webcam that sucks with autoexposure and backlight
> compensation.
> While doing this I reworked a little bit the preferences dialog to
> make it more consistent with other GNOME projects: options that belong
> to a common context are grouped together under a GtkFrame and bold
> weight is used just for the frame label and not for the single ones.
> You can take a look at it checking out videobalance branch or here
> http://www.gnome.org/~fargiolas/new-preferences.png (sorry for the
> italian saturation label, I must have missed it).
> Most controls don't work at the moment (only brightness does) but
> should be pretty straightforward to add support for them (it's just a
> matter of replicating the brightness widget). I'll do it within next
> days, but if you want to go for it just let me know.
> So my question are:
> - what do you think about it? would you like to see this merged in master?

Yes definitely. Having a reset button for the whole group would be nice too.

> - do you have better ideas for label strings?
> - what other preferences do you think may be useful? the next one in
> the list ia the one to change photos and videos directory (as
> requested in bugzilla). Photo and video quality would be great too.

I would just settile on e.g. 85% for jpeg. For video its more difficult
as you have to express it as a bitrate and the needed bitrate for a good
quality depends on resolution and fps.

Stefan