Re: Cheese Manual

Attached is a near finished copy. A few notes...

(from Daniel)...
- dont forget jaap in section about!! or he will be angry
I am not the best for about sections, so I have left it as is and someone else can change it how you wish :)

- for the faq, you can take a look here: live.gnome.org/Cheese/FAQ
I have added the FAQ from that link to the manual. I changed a few things, to clean it up, and didn't include the Chuck Norris joke ;) (tempting though).

- imho, the <publisher role="maintainer"> should be you and not me ;)
Changed, as well as a few other things to update.

- the shortcut for "take a photo" is "space", alt-t is just a
 mnemonic. i dont know, if we should list mnemonics in the manual?

I removed some of the mnemonics, I completly forgot about them until just then. I did though, include as a note, that you could take a photo with space.

- how about using the short description we already use, something like
I just wrote that one without realizing that one was already written. I used the one that was already in the manual template.

It does need editing by others, as there may be some things I have done that should be done differently etc,

Anyway, thanks, Josh.

On Jan 14, 2008 12:45 AM, Jaap A. Haitsma < jaap haitsma org> wrote:
On Jan 13, 2008 7:07 AM, Joshua Henderson < joshhendo gmail com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I have joined the cheese-list :).
>
> I have started to edit the DocBook XML document downloaded from SVN.
> Attached is a bit of what I have done (I just copied the first bit of what I
> have done to it to see how it works). How would I convert it to something
> where I can see what it would look like what the end user would see? I have
> used docbook2odf to see if it works in ODT, and it seemes to work fine what
> I have done so far, so I will continue with that.

Working with docbook2odf is fine I think. When you think you have
something that is publish able just send it. I can look at if it works
fine when I put it in SVN

Jaap