Re: RFC: Ideas for preferences dialog

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 23:40 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> GConf as such is not that poirtable (or it won't make sense). But unless someone
> plans to port Cheese to Mac or Win32, just ignore my comment.
Based on some quick googling, it seems your point is perfectly valid. I
honestly have no idea what our broader portability priorities are. As it
stands now, we just use GConf directly, so anyone wanting to port to Mac
or Windows would probably need to rip out CheeseGConf and reimplement it
anyway. We don't have the fancy backend stuff like Buzztard does ;)

To all: Seeing that Stefan brought it up, it might be worth asking
before I make changes: Do we want to make portability to non Unix
platforms a priority here? I think it would be wise if we covered our
bases and did so. If this is the case I will (grudgingly) leave
CheeseGConf as-is for now.

Thanks,
James