RE: Calendar does not show time or date

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:02 PM, John Frankish <j-frankish slb com> wrote:
I've compiled gnome-3.10.x on tinycorelinux, which does not use systemd or timedated. The UTC offset is set to Asia/Dubai and the bios time/date to UTC.

Where did you locate Asia/Dubai?  What call/env var/etc.?

It would be good if an alternative to systemd could be offered.

I'm curious, are you using GNOME's System Settings on your machine?  As I indicated, their time/date panel uses timedated to get/set the timezone.

-- Jim