Re: [Builder] unable to build+run builder from stable builder package (flathub)

On 12/18/2017 01:27 AM, Felix Schwarz wrote:
That is an interesting point actually: In my daily work I often open multiple
instances of eclipse, running with separate "workspaces" (basically different
application directories with separate configuration).

So only a single instance accesses the application directory at any time but I
can have multiple instances running. Is that possible with builder right now?

Builder can open multiple projects within the same application space. Most things in Builder revolve around an IdeContext, which you can think of as a "library handle" in libide. So each project has it's own IdeContext and stuff is compartmentalized.

(when running from flatpak, it uses a cache for downloading/building. I
suspect that cache dir might be shared when running two instances of flatpak
builder.)

Flatpak uses ccache and OSTree, both of which know how to do things safely in the presents of racing operations.

-- Christian