Re: [Builder] Late suggestion

On 12/06/2017 07:46 AM, Pavlo Solntsev wrote:
Anyway, I was a very heavy user of vim and really liked a list of all tags as toggle window on the right side. I think it would be good to have such a list that will give you an overview of all your functions, enum's etc. . Similar to taglist plugin for vim but with parameters.

The document location information was moved as a drop-down in the document header (and it really needs a keybinding). The reason for moving a way from the right-side panel was to help enforce our flow of left-to-right. The right sidebar is now transient and only shows when contextually necessary.

This design choice will become more important as we start landing larger IDE features and improve our rotated and multi-monitor experience.

I also noticed that some key combinations overlap with default Gnome. e.g. Ctr+Alt+Up. It may be a good idea to review those combinations.

A revamp of how keybindings are defined, themed, etc is on the chopping block for our current development cycle towards 3.28 (assuming I get all the other large tasks I have queued up finished in time).

A semi—frequently updated list of what I'm working on and plans for the cycle can be found here¹.

-- Christian

¹ https://people.gnome.org/~chergert/Builder.html