Re: Multisession DVD creation problem.

Could you please run

cdrecord -v -media-info

and

cdrecord -v -atip

for your media, using a halfway recent cdrecord?

Note that the option -media-info has been added in August 2006 ;-)

The main problem with DVD+R is that you cannot do multi session at all on such
media and there is only the unmaintained since nearly 12 years dvd+rwtools that
implements a non-standard method to emulate multi session on DVD+RW media.

Jφrg

Oh I see!
WOW! In this discussion, I'm learning a lot of things that I didn't know!  :-)
I just compiled cdrecord and here's the results:

./cdrecord -version
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 3.01 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright
(C) 1995-2015 Joerg Schilling

./cdrecord -v -media-info
Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 3.01 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright
(C) 1995-2015 Joerg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. Warning: Cannot raise RLIMIT_MEMLOCK limits.
cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler.
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Insufficient 'file read' privileges. You will not be able to
open all needed devices.
cdrecord: Insufficient 'file write' privileges. You will not be able
to open all needed devices.
cdrecord: Insufficient 'device' privileges. You may not be able to
send all needed SCSI commands, this my cause various unexplainable
problems.
cdrecord: Insufficient 'memlock' privileges. You may get buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Insufficient 'priocntl' privileges. You may get buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Insufficient 'network' privileges. You will not be able to
do remote SCSI.
cdrecord: Permission denied. Cannot open '/dev/sg0'. Cannot open or
use SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

./cdrecord -v -atip
[...]

Both complaint for lack of root rights.
Doy you want me to run them as root?

I'll try now to create a multissesion.