Re: Joliet extensions and files with no filename extension

On 7/21/2016 3:23 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Mike Jones <mrjones69 gmail com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can explain or point me in the right direction, please.
I noticed a change in the behavior of Brasero starting with at least
version 2.30 that does not happen in earlier versions <= 2.28.
We are running this on RHEL6, if that matters.

If I have a file with no filename extension, for example "setup", the
newer versions of Brasero are putting a period (dot) on the end of it in
the Joliet extensions.
The older versions did not do this.
When you mount such a disc on Solaris which uses mount_hsfs, by default
it "honors" the trailing dot and they show up in the mounted directory
listing.
Are you sure whether brasero used mkisofs or whether it used something else to
create the filesystem image?

Jörg

I am not 100% sure yet, but it looks like brasero is doing it's own thing.

Put an strace around it and I don't see a fork/exec of mkisofs.

Although it does stat() and lstat() on it for some reason.

And the strace shows it opening several libraries from brasero3/plugins/ including libbrasero-libisofs.so.

The debug output in the shell is from "libisofs". And I had it create a .iso file rather than waste CDs and it produced the same result as expected.

More importantly, I tested mkisofs from the shell directly with options --iso-level 2 -R -J and the resulting ISO does *NOT* have the added period in the Joliet extension.

So there's a workaround for me, at least.

- Mike