Re: Joliet extensions and files with no filename extension

Mike Jones <mrjones69 gmail com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can explain or point me in the right direction, please.
I noticed a change in the behavior of Brasero starting with at least
version 2.30 that does not happen in earlier versions <= 2.28.
We are running this on RHEL6, if that matters.

If I have a file with no filename extension, for example "setup", the
newer versions of Brasero are putting a period (dot) on the end of it in
the Joliet extensions.
The older versions did not do this.
When you mount such a disc on Solaris which uses mount_hsfs, by default
it "honors" the trailing dot and they show up in the mounted directory
listing.

Are you sure whether brasero used mkisofs or whether it used something else to
create the filesystem image?

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg schily net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       joerg schilling fokus fraunhofer de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/