Joliet extensions and files with no filename extension

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can explain or point me in the right direction, please.
I noticed a change in the behavior of Brasero starting with at least version 2.30 that does not happen in earlier versions <= 2.28.
We are running this on RHEL6, if that matters.

If I have a file with no filename extension, for example "setup", the newer versions of Brasero are putting a period (dot) on the end of it in the Joliet extensions.
The older versions did not do this.
When you mount such a disc on Solaris which uses mount_hsfs, by default it "honors" the trailing dot and they show up in the mounted directory listing.

   setup.

I did a manual mount using the mount_hsfs option of "notraildot" and that got rid of them.

The extra period/dot does not show up when you mount the disc on Linux or Windows.

I'm wondering what the reason for this change was.
The change logs and news files did not show anything obvious to me.
Did not find anything searching in bugzilla either, but maybe I don't know the right search terms yet.

Thanks!

- Mike