Re: Using growisofs without genisoimage?

Mario ??ani?? <mario danic gmail com> wrote:

> > If it was not for UDF functionality, you could have brasero working at its
> > best with only cdrdao (needed for audio CD-TEXT and BIN images), libburn,
> > libisofs.
>
> We are planning BIN (and not only BIN) support, CD-TEXT is still kinda
> a mystery, but if anybody would be willing to test we are willing to
> give it a shoot.
>
> UDF is a big beast, and might take some time.

What is the reason for working on a non-portable software that is missing many
features while there is already a portable software (that runs on any recent
OS), that implements all the needed features and that is true OSS?

The basic idea of OSS is that people are able to collaborate. I hereby
encourage any person who is interested in one of the few features that are
missing in cdrtools to collaborate with the cdrtools project.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg schily isdn cs tu-berlin de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       js cs tu-berlin de                (uni)