Re: Using growisofs without genisoimage?

Le jeudi 14 janvier 2010 à 00:12 +0100, Joerg Schilling a écrit :
> Mario ??ani?? <mario danic gmail com> wrote:
>

> > > However, it seems to use genisoimage in some cases - if I understand the
> > > code correctly, mostly when appending a new data session.
> >
> > I don't see why ... when we have a perfectly working solution inside
> > libburnia for that.

That sounds promising. So in your opinion everything could be done with
using on-the-fly image generation and passing it to growisofs as a named
pipe?

What amount of changes would this require in brasero? For example does
it need libburnia integration in the growisofs plugin itself, or could
it use the available functions in other plugins?

> Well, I don't see that this is a solution, but there is of course mkisofs
> that perfectly does what people need. Note that for a conforming DVD, UDF is
> needed and mkisofs supports UDF even with Apple extensions.

Sorry but mkisofs is not an option, since working UTF-8 support is a
must for us.

Furthermore, the upstream author turned out to be very uncooperative,
regularly issuing threats and insults. I don’t want these packages to
rely on his software in any kind of way - that includes genisoimage,
which he originally wrote.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette