Re: Using growisofs without genisoimage?

Mario ??ani?? <mario danic gmail com> wrote:

> > However, it seems to use genisoimage in some cases - if I understand the
> > code correctly, mostly when appending a new data session.
>
> I don't see why ... when we have a perfectly working solution inside
> libburnia for that.

Well, I don't see that this is a solution, but there is of course mkisofs
that perfectly does what people need. Note that for a conforming DVD, UDF is
needed and mkisofs supports UDF even with Apple extensions.

We of course need to get rid of genisoimage as genisoimage is full of bugs
and I am sure that users don't like to write media with well known defects in
the filesystem.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg schily isdn cs tu-berlin de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       js cs tu-berlin de                (uni)