Re: basic docs?

On Thu, 24 May 2007 db tvnet hu wrote:

well, there's some documentaiton online:
  http://beast.gtk.org/documentation
in particular the quickstart guide or may be the FAQ are what you're
looking for:
  http://beast.gtk.org/quickstart
  http://beast.gtk.org/faq
those documents are also available from the Help/ menu btw.

Thanks for the links but I have already read them and still did not find
the answer to some of my questions.

However, I would gladly help with the tutorial. I guess, a walkthrough of
re-creating the Party Monster demo song would cover most of the basic
stuff (with the exception of samples) and also some of the more advanced
concepts (like using a track as an input for the filter cut-off freq).

good, i've Fwd-ed your email to Stefan Westerfeld now, who wrote the
demo song. i hope you two can arrange to come up with some tutorial
material then, that'd certainly be great.

Of course, that would mean that I will ask a few questions about BEAST,
the first being: how do I insert an already existing part into a track?

what beast version are you using?
with 0.7.1, you can only create parts that already belong to a track (or
create them "inside" a track).
there you can duplicate and change them with the insert/link/rename tools.

Best regards,
	db

---
ciaoTJ