Re: [Banshee-List] does Banshee modify MP3 files?

On Thu, 2015-05-14 at 10:20 -0700, rebeltaz wrote:
Actually... no, I'm not certain. I just assumed since that is the
only program that I ever use to access the MP3 files. And in
looking, I do already have 'play count' unchecked... I have 'Write
Metadata to Files' checked... what does that do when?

Possibly updates the last pay date... I don't know exactly when that
updates a file.

md5sum a file, play the file via Banshee, exit Banshee, md5sum the
file... did it change?  That would tell you if just playing the file
modifies the file.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383