Re: [Banshee-List] does Banshee modify MP3 files?

That was what I was curious about... so Play Count is stored within each file? Why would Banshee not use a central location for that rather than update the file itself? OK, so I guess I need to turn that off... Thank you!

--

Derek Tombrello (KM4JAG)
www.RobotsAndComputers.com

-=[ Come Join Me in THE $1 Social Experiment ]=-
....... www.RobotsAndComputers.com/blog/?p=138 .......

On Thu, 2015-05-14 at 07:11 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 20:22 -0700, rebeltaz wrote:
> I ask because every time I run a back up on my media drive, it
> insists on
> re-backing up the MP3 file, as if they have changed since the last
> backup.
> Also, when I tell Banshee to sort by Last Added, almost every thing
> is set
> to April 20th 2015... and that just is not right. If Banshee does
> modify
> files, why and how can I stop it - other than write protecting the
> files
> themselves? Thanks.

Depends on what options you have checked; but, yes, Banshee can modify
the MP3s.  For example it may be updating play count, etc...