Re: [Banshee-List] does Banshee modify MP3 files?

Hello,

Play count can be stored in each file, like other metadata (title, artists, etc.). But by default Banshee does not modify your music files and keeps this information in its own database.
You can review and change the options related to this in Edit > Preferences, in the "General" tab, under "Files policies".

Are you sure your issue is caused by Banshee ? Some file systems, depending on their parameters, can store the access time as file metadata, so reading a file modifies something.

Cheers,

--
Bertrand