Re: [Banshee-List] Music not showing up on ipod classic

Over the past few days I borrowed a Windows computer, put iTunes on it and
used that to reformat and renstall the software on the ipod classic. Each
time I reimport my music library with Banshee, everything works perfectly
from my PC -- it shows the playlists, play counts, day that it was last
played and so on. But when the iPod is not connected to the PC, it says that
the device is empty. So I have to guess that Banshee is not writing the
database correctly so that the iPod software can read it, but Banshee can
still read it just fine.

I tried using a few other programs that claim to fix errors in iPod
databases, but those did not work.

I've tried out all the different full-featured music players that I could
find, but the only one that comes close to iTunes as far as features is
Banshee, so I will probably wind up running iTunes in a virtual Windows
machine and hope this bug is fixed someday. At this point I give up, but I
would be happy to provide logs or other assistance if the Banshee developers
want them.

Thank you.

-LL