[Banshee-List] Music not showing up on ipod classic

OS: Linux Mint Quiana
Banshee version: 2.6.2
ipod: 160GB iPod classic 6th (?) generation

I bought a new iPod classic as soon as I heard they were being discontinued.
I used to have an older Ipod classic and managed it through itunes on
Windows, but I no longer have Windows on my computer.

I used Banshee's built in iTunes database converter and it worked well.
Banshee imported the music library and everything looked fine. It even
remembered my play counts!

So I plugged in the ipod and told it to sync my entire library, which is
about 50 gigs of music.

It took about an hour, and copied all the files onto the iPod, and looked
like everything worked, but the iPod still is saying that there are no music
files on it. Banshee shows that the disk space on the ipod is used up, but
only the ipod thinks it's still empty.

I tried searching and could not find any way to fix this. Does anyone have
any ideas?