Re: [Banshee-List] Artists like "AC/DC" get split to "AC; DC"

Well, as you've already mentioned, using the / was a bad decision by the ID3.ORG team, for all fields that might require multi values. Those include artists, composers, genres as well. They should at least have followed the RIFF info chunk's (WAV metadata) guidelines, using semi colon (;) as a delimiter for multiple values.

I wouldn't say that AAC shouldn't be encouraged because it is proprietary; it is in fact an ISO-standard format. MP3 is still the king, and no  one cares about AAC except for the fact that iTunes tracks are delivered that way.