[Banshee-List] Banshee cannot see device?

Hi, I am having an issue getting Banshee to work with my mp3 player.
The device works fine in the filesystem, AmaroK, Clementine etc.....
I tried both the USB mode and the MTP mode connection type options in my device, neither works with Banshee.
(and which is better to use?)

I am using Kubuntu 12.04 with backport enabled, with Banshee 2.6.1 from the Banshee ppa.

What do I need to do to make Banshee see my player?