Re: [Banshee-List] Artists like "AC/DC" get split to "AC; DC"

Well, I don't encourage proprietary codecs, so I have no AACs to test. Very
few OGG, many FLAC and mostly MP3. None of my other players/media libraries
behaves like this (i.e., respecting the slash as a field separator), because
using a character as separator that can well be used in standard text in
lots of fields was a bad design decision anyway.

Unfortunately, for soem compatibility reasons, I cannot (yet) move to
ID3v2.4 but instead have to stick with ID3v2.3 with ISO-8859-1 encoding for
a while still.

It would be nice if one could SPECIFY the ID3 separator for MP3s, like other
software allows. For instance, I also have the reverse problem: Banshee
SEPARATES "AC/DC" into "AC; DC" but on the other hand does NOT respect
fields that are already separated this way, i.e. MusicBrainz Picard-tagged
files that have genre fields like "Rock; Hard Rock; Metal" or the like … so
I end up in Banshee with BOTH wrong artist and title fields AND an endless
list of "pseudo genres" like the above … *sigh*

And also still no extensions like Mirage for ubuntu 14.04 … which was the
main reason for using Banshee.