Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee not recognizing my Android Galaxy Nexus phone

I got 2 clues here ...

please Andres, have a look at this thread here about the middle of the page

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-926854-start-25.html

*****************************
author - nihil39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
I can't use mtp-detect, mtp-sendfile nor mtpfs as a normal user, while
running them as root works fine.

***************************

the guy is talking about difference between
mtp- detect, mtpfs
and
sudo mtp-detect, sudo mtpfs

in my case I have to run sudo mtp-detect and sudo mtpfs ...
as a normal users these commands don't work at all...

so maybe Banshee/Rhythmbox/gMTP run as normal user can't access libmtp
functions because
libmtp requires root access ???

2nd clue, post just below that...

in my case...
problem is I don't have xy-libmtp9.rules file in /lib/udev/rules.d/
I only have 45-libmpt8.rules file and that flie does not have my device
listed in it...

I think  I'm going to have to recompile libmtp9 from source again and
reinstall it again
as a normal user...

any suggestions here ?
i think this could be "permission" problem...