Re: [Banshee-List] Import Media By Date Added (Most Recently)

No, this is before that. What Morick wants is for the "Date Added"
(which is what "recently added" picks up on) to go in the same order as
the "age" of the tracks on their HDD (whatever definition we work out
for "age").

So, if you have the following albums:

/path/to/music/AAAAA (age 'now')
/path/to/music/An_Album (age 1 month)
/path/to/music/Best_Album (age 1 year)
/path/to/music/Best_of_Golden_Oldies (age 1 week)

then the import would go through all the tracks in Best_Album first,
then An_Album, then Best_of_Golden_Oldies, then AAAAA and the "Date
Added" ordering in the Banshee database would then match the "age" at
the point of import.

It's a really niche case and it'd cause UI complexity to present to the
huge majority of users. That's not to say it is impossible, just that it
isn't necessarily going to be something that could be done neatly and
discretely without confusing people who really shouldn't care less about it.