Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee not recognizing my Android Galaxy Nexus phone

On 3 April 2014 19:17, hallansing <hallansingip gmail com> wrote:
I don't think mtpfs is the problem, because I tried without mounting:
- connect phone to usb as MTP
- do not mount with mtpfs
- open banshee

same result, not showing up as device...
same problem by the way in rhythmbox

I'm going to compile gMTP today ( similar to GTKpod for ipod )
and see if it recognizes phone as device...

mtpfs is working ok, I mean it's not perfect but it mounts the phone and
allows to copy files to and from device in linux...
mtpfs crashes only if you copy files to directories used by android
otherwise it works well...

2 debug output files attached with and without mtpfs mount before starting
banshee...

banshee_debug_nomtpfs.txt
<http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n4651608/banshee_debug_nomtpfs.txt>

banshee_debug_mtpfs.txt
<http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n4651608/banshee_debug_mtpfs.txt>

let me know what you think...

Observations:

1) Since mtp-detect (libmtp) finds your device just fine, then things should be working.

2) Your log shows that the Mtp extension is being loaded into banshee, but afterwards we don't see any thing more about it.

Things to try:

1. Disable nautilus' auto mount feature (sadly, this can't be done per device class).
2. Disable banshee's mass storage support to be sure it's isolated.
3. Instead of plugging the device in first, start banshee first.

These steps should ensure that banshee is the first to use your device after it's plugged in...