Re: [Banshee-List] MP4 videos - not supported?

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 05:09:46AM -0700, stevekrupa wrote:

Ok, I guess banshee then behaves in a similar way to totem for both
files?

Well, no because whilst totem will play the AVC file, banshee will not even
import it, so there is a fairly significant difference.

I am fine reporting a bug in gstreamer but want to understand the failure
first.

Can you open it manually by pasting its location into the "Media -> Open
Location" dialog? If so, what's the extension of the file in question? I believe
Banshee implements a file extension whitelist in order to improve the
performance of the import-recursive-directory-scanner thing.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin