Re: [Banshee-List] Sony Walkman not recognized by Banshee

Most distros will also have an "mtp-tools" package our similar that contains an "mtp-detect" program that will check for any mtp devices on your usb ports and give you the details of what it found (including the file types it supports).

There are still occasions when banshee can't access the device because it is locked. Unfortunately, that is an unavoidable issue with odd protocols like this. If you run banshee from the command line then you should be able to see messages showing whether banshee tried to load the device but it was locked, whether it encountered an error, our whether it didn't even try to load it (because out was unrecognised).