[Banshee-List] Streamrecorder extension

I'm trying to use the streamrecorder extension with banshee. I'm listening to an mp3 stream (dutch radio). If I record this (192bit variable encoding) mp3 stream with the streamrecorder of banshee and I do not re-encode it,  i.e. I choose to record the original stream, I don't get an 192bit mp3 stream but something that is not recognized by mpg123 as mp3.

Am I doing something wrong?
Decoding and re-encoding an mp3 stream is not the best way to deal wit lossy formats I think (I don't know if the streamrecorder is doing that though).