Re: [Banshee-List] Streamrecorder extension

A guess:

The original Stream records exactly the stream that is coming through. There might be no headers recorded if recording starts in the middle of the stream, whereas reencoding ensures all headers and such are correctly written. Have you tried pressing the recording button before actually starting playback?