Re: [Banshee-List] Error creating extension

Hello,

with your suggestions I made some progress (I hope :)): I tried to execute ./configure in the git cloned directory, as you pointed. What I get is the following:

- the first errors, namely:

$ ./create-extension Foo

Creating new extension: 'Foo'

sh: 2: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution
sh: 2: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution
sh: 2: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
Running ./autogen.sh

was solved installing the package nant: sudo apt-get install nant

- the second error:

./configure: line 12913: syntax error near unexpected token `0.17.3,'
./configure: line 12913: ` GNOME_DOC_INIT(0.17.3, enable_user_help=yes,

I bypassed it commenting the problematic rows. What I don't understand is:
* what should GNOME_DOC_INIT do? where is it defined? I don't find its definition * shouldn't it be invoked only when --enable_user_help=yes is passed to the ./configure script? I call simply: ./configure, so I don't understand why the enable_user_help is set ...

- commenting the mentioned rows, above, I can continue and obtain the following error:

checking for mono... (cached) /usr/bin/mono
checking for BANSHEE... no
configure: error: Package requirements (banshee-thickclient >= 2.4.0) were not met:

Package dbus-sharp-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `dbus-sharp-1.0.pc'
Package 'dbus-sharp-1.0', required by 'Banshee Core', not found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BANSHEE_CFLAGS
and BANSHEE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

apparently the file dbus-sharp-1.0.pc is not provided in debian wheezy

(see, e.g. : http://packages.debian.org/search?mode=filename&suite=squeeze&section=all&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=dbus-sharp )

What could I do to fix this?!? Alternatively, how could I set the BANSHEE_LIBS / BANSHEE_CFLAGS to overcome this problem?!?

Thanks for your help.

Francesco