Re: [Banshee-List] Error creating extension

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Francesco Spegni
<francesco spegni gmail com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I followed the instructions at:
> http://banshee.fm/contribute/write-extensions/ in order to build a first
> banshee extension, and I've got the following error:
>
> $ ./create-extension Foo
>
> Creating new extension: 'Foo'
>
> sh: 2: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution
> sh: 2: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution
> sh: 2: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
> Running ./autogen.sh
> ./configure: line 12913: syntax error near unexpected token `0.17.3,'
> ./configure: line 12913: ` GNOME_DOC_INIT(0.17.3, enable_user_help=yes,
> enable_user_help=no)'
> Error: Could not run ./configure, which is required to configure
> banshee-community-extensions
> Running makemake: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

[snip]

> I'm working on Debian wheezy and I think I've installed all the required
> software. I didn't install MonoDevelop because it is said to be optional.
>
> Do you have any suggestion on how to fix this? Thanks in advance

I wasn't able to reproduce this problem on my system (Ubuntu 12.04),
so I don't really know what's going wrong.
It's probably happening in the create-extension script, inside one of
the shell commands that are inside backquotes (the ` character).

>From the output of the script, it's probable after the "# Replace the
GUID", as the commands before seem to have been executed properly.
Your best chance is probably to edit the create-extension script and
add some print statements, to figure out what's going on.

You might also want to check if you can build from the
banshee-community-extensions git checkout without adding any
extensions, to make sure you have all the build dependencies.

I hope this helps!

--
Bertrand Lorentz