Re: [Banshee-List] Is it possible to create multiple libraries?

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:35 AM, linuxgeoff <register waitehere com> wrote:
> I wish!!
>
> This is - for me - one of the biggest shortfalls of banshee.  How hard can
> it be to just provide an option to select other libraries?
>
> On the same theme, I also have multiple machines fommer which I want to be
> able to play (and share playlists from ) my main library, pulling from a
> NAS, so it would be nice to have a library on the NAS.  Shared access would
> be great, but failing that, just single user access would be better than
> nought,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.
You can import tracks from any folder, so I guess you want the tracks
from your NAS to be under a different library. You would then have
"Library" or "Local Library" for the tracks on your local machine, and
"Remote Library" for the tracks on your NAS.
What does that bring you ?
The way I see it, when you want to listen to track Foo, you'd first
have to think about whether it is on your local machine or on your
NAS.
Having all tracks in the same library allows you to directly search
for it, in just one place.

There are probably things we can improve for handling tracks on a
remote file server, and I think we already have some ideas filed in
our issue tracker:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=banshee

--
Bertrand Lorentz