Re: [Banshee-List] error when building dependencies for Banshee thru Git [mac osx]

Hi Timo,

Thanks, I'm on the list now as well. Correct, I'm on Snow Leopard with Xcode 3.2.6 and cannot afford to upgrade to Lion... Xcode 4 is no longer compatible with Snow Leopard...

I did download your prebuilt banshee.dmg and it blind launches (banshee isn't visibly launched yet is listed in "Force Quit Applications" window. I installed libgcrypt from macports and am trying your bockbuild again...

I am trying to switch from iTunes which made a mess of my music files to Songbird but now I see they're no longer supporting file management and thought I'd give Banshee a go. From the preferences I see that metadata can be saved to the file, which I want to be able to sync to my Android phone.

On 09.04.2012, at 19:28, Timo Dörr [via Banshee Media Player] wrote:

Am 06.04.2012, 03:19 Uhr, schrieb urbanomad <[hidden email]>:

> Hi again, with your bockbuild, I got much much further... but alas, it
> also
> failed... here's the last error
>
> [snip]

I don't know why but for some reason your messages arrive at this
mailinglist with a long delay - I just received your mail from Friday
today at Monday - 4 days delay :/ Maybe don't use nabble but directly
subscribe to [hidden email] and check the online archives at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/

Anyways, it seems you are on Snow Leopard? I'm sorry I only own one mac
and i had id upgraded to lion. but from your error message and google I
found this: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.macports.scm/7652

It seems your version of Xcode (3.2.x) can't build that libgcrypt. Try
upgrading your Xcode through the Appstore, i think it should be free.
Starting with XCode 4.x you have to install the gcc compiler chains
seperately - this is important: From within Xcode go to
Preferences->Downloads and click "Install Command Line tools".

I had tested my github fork with Xcode 4.3.2 and gcc --version gives:
i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build
5658) (LLVM build 2336.9.00)

Besides, in the time of your message delay I send a mail with a binary
Appbundle build from latest git master, see:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2012-April/msg00032.html

Greets
Timo